Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 22
South Asia Check / October 16, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Election Commission fades under government’s shadow” by Govinda Luitel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A top official at the Election Commission.
Nagarik report headlined “Preparations being made to seek 24-hour clarification from Gautam with the intent to sack him” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed ‘source’ in four instances.
Republica report headlined “Minister in final rush to oust CAAN’s Gautam” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in eight instances: sources in six instances, an official and officials at Drinking Water and Sanitation Ministry. CAAN states for the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths