Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 22
South Asia Check / October 16, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Election Commission fades under government’s shadow” by Govinda Luitel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A top official at the Election Commission.
Nagarik report headlined “Preparations being made to seek 24-hour clarification from Gautam with the intent to sack him” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed ‘source’ in four instances.
Republica report headlined “Minister in final rush to oust CAAN’s Gautam” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in eight instances: sources in six instances, an official and officials at Drinking Water and Sanitation Ministry. CAAN states for the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!