Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 23
South Asia Check / October 16, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “UML lost due to extreme factionalism” by Narendra Saud and Govinda Luintel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A UML central committee member close to Madhav Kumar Nepal.
Kantipur report headlined “Does the law being formulated favors hospital proprietors?” by Makar Shrestha and Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A source at parliament secretariat, a member of Mathema task force and a source in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Gautam asked to furnish clarification within 24 hours” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in nine instances: A source at the Ministry of Tourism, a source in six instances, a source at the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal and officials at the ministry of tourism.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CAAN DG Gautam served 24-hour notice” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Ministry sources and CAAN sources. Here CANN stands for Civil Aviation Authority, Nepal.
Republica report headlined “House dissolving next month, important bills likely to abort” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: Officials at parliament secretariat.
Republica report headlined “Minister Dev seeks 24-hours clarification from CANN chief” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A source at the ministry of tourism in two instances and sources in two instances. Here CIAA stands for Civil Aviation Authority, Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently