Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 25
South Asia Check / October 17, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Sanjaya irritates court staffers” by Sridhar Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Court staffers.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Parliamentarians aim to win benefits ‘through deception'” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances a source at the Ministry of Finance.
Nagarik report headlined “Dispute between tourism minister and joint secretary” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A highly placed source at the ministry of tourism and a source in two instances.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt asks irrelevant questions to fire Gautam” by Rupak D Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in eight instances: Sources in three instances, a source, aviation experts, reliable sources, multiple sources and at least two sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently