Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 26
South Asia Check / October 17, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “National coffers exploited to pay party workers; Rs 100 million distributed” by Sagar Pundit datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in eight instances: A highly-placed source at the Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, an official at the accounts section of the home ministry, an official at the Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, a source at the home ministry, an official at the home ministry, officials at the home ministry, a source, and a joint secretary at the home ministry.
Kantipur report headlined “Bargaining over bill itself” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A parliamentarian from the Nepali Congress and a member of the parliament’s Women, Children, Senior Citizen and Social Welfare Committee. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “OPD closed ignoring government request” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A patient found at the Bir Hospital. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “DG Gautam furnishes fresh clarification” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources, and a highly-placed source at the tourism ministry.
Republica report headlined “House panel asks govt to take measures to protect Fewa Lake” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: Experts. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently