Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 26
South Asia Check / October 17, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “National coffers exploited to pay party workers; Rs 100 million distributed” by Sagar Pundit datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in eight instances: A highly-placed source at the Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, an official at the accounts section of the home ministry, an official at the Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, a source at the home ministry, an official at the home ministry, officials at the home ministry, a source, and a joint secretary at the home ministry.
Kantipur report headlined “Bargaining over bill itself” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A parliamentarian from the Nepali Congress and a member of the parliament’s Women, Children, Senior Citizen and Social Welfare Committee. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “OPD closed ignoring government request” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A patient found at the Bir Hospital. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “DG Gautam furnishes fresh clarification” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources, and a highly-placed source at the tourism ministry.
Republica report headlined “House panel asks govt to take measures to protect Fewa Lake” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: Experts. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item