Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 4
South Asia Check / September 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Election bill stalled due to Nepali Congress’ stance” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Proposal gets stuck at ministry” by Sagar Pandit datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: a source at the Ministry of General Administration and an official from the Ministry of General Administration.
Kantipur report headlined “[Kathmandu] National Medical College case – even prime minister’s directive snubbed” by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A source based in Baluwatar, an official, and source in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Sajha Prakashan board members resign” by Basanta Khadka and Bishnu Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source from the Ministry of Education.
Nagarik report headlined “Irregularities in land procurement by NOC, minister delaying action” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official from the Ministry of Supplies.
Republica report headlined “Sajha’s Dolindra Sharma quits” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal and Basanta Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently