Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 5
South Asia Check / September 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “88 kg gold seized, Chinese smugglers hold sway” by Sundar Khanal, Subash Gotame and Lokendra Prasain datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A Nepali staffer.
Kantipur report headlined “88 kg smuggled gold seized” by Janakraj Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in four instances: Source in two instances, a police official and a police source.
Nagarik report headlined “Controversial Sharma returns to Sajha job after minister turns down resignation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A staffer, a central committee member of the Nepali Congress and a source at Sajha Prakashan. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “UML seeks answers from prime minister” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An official at the Ministry of Supplies.
Republica report headlined “DPM Shrestha rejects Sajha chief Sharma’s resignation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Smuggled gold worth over Rs 340m seized in biggest haul ever” by Manish Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An investigation official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently