Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 5
South Asia Check / September 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “88 kg gold seized, Chinese smugglers hold sway” by Sundar Khanal, Subash Gotame and Lokendra Prasain datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A Nepali staffer.
Kantipur report headlined “88 kg smuggled gold seized” by Janakraj Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in four instances: Source in two instances, a police official and a police source.
Nagarik report headlined “Controversial Sharma returns to Sajha job after minister turns down resignation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A staffer, a central committee member of the Nepali Congress and a source at Sajha Prakashan. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “UML seeks answers from prime minister” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An official at the Ministry of Supplies.
Republica report headlined “DPM Shrestha rejects Sajha chief Sharma’s resignation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Smuggled gold worth over Rs 340m seized in biggest haul ever” by Manish Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An investigation official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!