Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 5
South Asia Check / September 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “88 kg gold seized, Chinese smugglers hold sway” by Sundar Khanal, Subash Gotame and Lokendra Prasain datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A Nepali staffer.
Kantipur report headlined “88 kg smuggled gold seized” by Janakraj Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in four instances: Source in two instances, a police official and a police source.
Nagarik report headlined “Controversial Sharma returns to Sajha job after minister turns down resignation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A staffer, a central committee member of the Nepali Congress and a source at Sajha Prakashan. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “UML seeks answers from prime minister” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An official at the Ministry of Supplies.
Republica report headlined “DPM Shrestha rejects Sajha chief Sharma’s resignation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Smuggled gold worth over Rs 340m seized in biggest haul ever” by Manish Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An investigation official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item