Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 5
South Asia Check / September 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “88 kg gold seized, Chinese smugglers hold sway” by Sundar Khanal, Subash Gotame and Lokendra Prasain datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A Nepali staffer.
Kantipur report headlined “88 kg smuggled gold seized” by Janakraj Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in four instances: Source in two instances, a police official and a police source.
Nagarik report headlined “Controversial Sharma returns to Sajha job after minister turns down resignation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A staffer, a central committee member of the Nepali Congress and a source at Sajha Prakashan. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “UML seeks answers from prime minister” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An official at the Ministry of Supplies.
Republica report headlined “DPM Shrestha rejects Sajha chief Sharma’s resignation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Smuggled gold worth over Rs 340m seized in biggest haul ever” by Manish Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An investigation official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Fact Check Adhikari wrong about women’s representation in Federal Parliament
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths