Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 6
South Asia Check / September 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Ming escapes from Radisson” by Sundar Khanal, Lokendra Prasain and Subash Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: Source, a high-level police source, an employee and a knowledgeable source.
Nagarik report headlined “Khadka provided luxury vehicles to the minister and secretary” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source from the Ministry of Supplies, source, an official from the Nepal Oil Corporation and a senior official from the Nepal Oil Corporation in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Six vehicles used in gold smuggling, special mark used for identification” by KP Dhungana and Himnath Devkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source, a credible source involved in the investigation, and source involved in investigation in two instances.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently