Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 6
South Asia Check / September 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Ming escapes from Radisson” by Sundar Khanal, Lokendra Prasain and Subash Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: Source, a high-level police source, an employee and a knowledgeable source.
Nagarik report headlined “Khadka provided luxury vehicles to the minister and secretary” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source from the Ministry of Supplies, source, an official from the Nepal Oil Corporation and a senior official from the Nepal Oil Corporation in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Six vehicles used in gold smuggling, special mark used for identification” by KP Dhungana and Himnath Devkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source, a credible source involved in the investigation, and source involved in investigation in two instances.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Fact Check Adhikari wrong about women’s representation in Federal Parliament
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths