Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 6
South Asia Check / September 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Ming escapes from Radisson” by Sundar Khanal, Lokendra Prasain and Subash Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: Source, a high-level police source, an employee and a knowledgeable source.
Nagarik report headlined “Khadka provided luxury vehicles to the minister and secretary” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source from the Ministry of Supplies, source, an official from the Nepal Oil Corporation and a senior official from the Nepal Oil Corporation in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Six vehicles used in gold smuggling, special mark used for identification” by KP Dhungana and Himnath Devkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source, a credible source involved in the investigation, and source involved in investigation in two instances.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item