Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 9
South Asia Check / September 16, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Network of Chinese smugglers” by Subas Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: knowledgeable person, and senior police officer.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Heated exchange between finance and supplies ministers” by Sujit Mahat datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: an official from Ministry of Finance, and an undersecretary.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Old photos of former king and queen circulating with false claims
- Fact Check Oli wrongly refers to little people of Africa as ‘Lilliput’
- Fact Check Congress’ Mahat wrong in claiming parties have only moral obligation but no legal compulsion to hold periodic general conventions
- Fact Check Leftist politician falsely claims former Oli government couldn’t bring Covid-19 vaccine
- Fact Check Image claiming to show recent Kabul evacuation is an old Philippines photo
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables