Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 1
South Asia Check / August 1, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “God’s work in impoverished settlements” jointly written by Bishwamani Pokharel and Devendra Basnet and datelined Ghorahi (Dang) has quoted nine anonymous sources: informed people, analysts, locals, a businessman from Sisiniya, a businessman from Lamahi, informed source, a leader from Dang, a Tharu youth and locals of Sisiniya.
Nagarik report headlined “Dispute to be settled in final draft’ by Balaram Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an anonymous source.
Nagarik report headlined “Yes, the corpse in the picture was me” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an anonymous “informed source”.
Kantipur report headlined “More consensus needed: Modi ” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted an anonymous diplomat.
Kantipur report on Nepal-China relations headlined “How were the six decades?” by Chandrashekher Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed experts.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Kingpins of Unity scam arrested” by Devendra Bahadur Kunwar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed “special source”.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “NC, UML at odds over chief secy, CEO posts” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted four anonymous sources: government sources, a minister representing the CPN-UML, a minister representing the Nepali Congress and sources.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Another bill to open new university” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an anonymous source: TU officials.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Vehicles of VIPs being misused” by Sujit Mahat datelined Kathmandu has quoted two anonymous sources: an official of the Prime Minister’s Office and a long-serving official at the Prime Minister’s Office.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Unity Life International MD, director nabbed” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two anonymous sources: an official and officials.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Bid to resolve disputes of constitution to continue today” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one anonymous source: a member of the Constitutional Political Dialogue and Consensus Committee.
Republica report headlined “Christianity spreads wings in Midwest districts” written jointly by Bishwamani Pokharel and Devendra Basnet datelined Ghorahi (Dang) has quoted four anonymous sources: local intellectuals, locals, locals at Sisaniya and local businessman at Lamahi.
Republica report headlined “Projects not yet ready to absorb Rs 100b Indian credit” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted one anonymous source: experts.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?