Chaudhary Group honoring reconstruction pledge; CNI, Golchha Organization make no progress
Bhrikuti Rai / October 8, 2015
Chaudhary Group (CG), which had promised to construct 1,000 transitional homes for earthquake victims, has said it has so far constructed and handed over 700 such homes to the victims in Bhaktapur, Lalitpur, Kavrepalanchowk, Kathmandu and Sindhupalchowk districts. CG aims to hand over a total of 1,000 homes by the Dashain festival [which starts mid-October], according to Madhusudan Paudel, general manager of corporate affairs at CG. After the earthquakes, the organization had also promised to build 100 schools in 14 earthquake- affected districts and has already constructed and handed over 21 schools in Kavrepalanchowk, Sindhupalchowk, Gorkha and Bhaktapur.
On the other hand, the Confederation of Nepalese Industries (CNI) hasn’t been able to build any of the promised houses for earthquake victims. CNI had promised to construct 100,000 houses.
Likewise, Golchha Organization had pledged to build 1,000 houses in collaboration with Habitat for Humanity, a non-governmental organization. Sushma Shrestha of Habitat for Humanity, said they have so far constructed just one model house for demonstration purpose and blamed the failure of the government to form a reconstruction authority and bring necessary directives for the delay.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- In Public Interest Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Fact Check NCP leader wrongly accuses Prof Mathema of permitting private medical colleges
- Fact Check Foreign minister makes wrong claim about mentions of Koshi high dam in Nepal-India joint statements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item