Chaudhary Group honoring reconstruction pledge; CNI, Golchha Organization make no progress
Bhrikuti Rai / October 8, 2015
Chaudhary Group (CG), which had promised to construct 1,000 transitional homes for earthquake victims, has said it has so far constructed and handed over 700 such homes to the victims in Bhaktapur, Lalitpur, Kavrepalanchowk, Kathmandu and Sindhupalchowk districts. CG aims to hand over a total of 1,000 homes by the Dashain festival [which starts mid-October], according to Madhusudan Paudel, general manager of corporate affairs at CG. After the earthquakes, the organization had also promised to build 100 schools in 14 earthquake- affected districts and has already constructed and handed over 21 schools in Kavrepalanchowk, Sindhupalchowk, Gorkha and Bhaktapur.
On the other hand, the Confederation of Nepalese Industries (CNI) hasn’t been able to build any of the promised houses for earthquake victims. CNI had promised to construct 100,000 houses.
Likewise, Golchha Organization had pledged to build 1,000 houses in collaboration with Habitat for Humanity, a non-governmental organization. Sushma Shrestha of Habitat for Humanity, said they have so far constructed just one model house for demonstration purpose and blamed the failure of the government to form a reconstruction authority and bring necessary directives for the delay.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature