Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
Injina Panthi / August 16, 2018
After the 2015 earthquakes, Nepal government had organized ‘International Conference on Nepal’s Reconstruction -2015’ to raise foreign aid for post-earthquake recovery. At the conference, Nepal’s development partners pledged financial assistance amounting to US$ 4109.52 million. According to the Development Cooperation Report, 2016/2017 published by the Ministry of Finance following are the pledged, committed and disbursed amounts by various development partners:
Figures are in millions of US dollars
(made during ICNR 2015)
Made up to 20 February,2017
|Pledging Vs Commitment percentage||Disbursement in FY 2015-16||Disbursement in FY 2016-2017||Total Disbursement||Commitment Vs Disbursement Percentage|
|Asian Development Bank||600||215||36%||18.43||14.98||33.41||16%|
|International Monetary Fund||50||50||100%||–||–||–||–|
|Republic of Korea||10||8.40||84%||5.70||1.51||7.21||86%|
The government of India disbursed the first tranche of pledged economic support amounting Rs 2.143 billion in August 2018. China, India, Asian Development Bank, and World Bank are the largest contributors in terms of the amount pledged for post-earthquake reconstruction. According to the report, out of the total committed amount only 16 percent amounts have been disbursed.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature